At Kingussie, we have an enthusiastic team of pupils who are Library Interns. They all commit to a minimum of half an hour per week helping with a variety of tasks and several of them give more time than that.
Their work includes:
- attending occasional Library Team meetings for training and planning
- tidying and organising shelves
- labelling books
- making displays and decorating the library
- helping to plan and organise events
- contributing to the library website
- covering and repairing books
- reviewing and recommending books
- making suggestions for new books for the library to buy
- having input on our library re-design plans
- helping with Book Groups
We are always delighted to have more Interns, so if you would like to join, pick up an application form at the Library Desk, fill it in and return it, and you will be given an interview time. There’s a very good chance you’ll be given the job!
All your time as an Intern can be counted towards a Saltire Volunteering Award. Library staff will help you to create your own Saltire account and log your hours.